FPDF for Python
PyFPDF is a library for PDF document generation under Python, ported from PHP (see FPDF: "Free"-PDF, a well-known PDFlib-extension replacement with many examples, scripts and derivatives).
Latest Released Version: 1.7 (August 15th, 2012) - Current Development Version: 1.7.1
- Easy to use (and easy to extend)
- Many simple examples and scripts available in many languages
- No external dependencies or extensions (optionally PIL for GIF support)
- No installation, no compilation or other libraries (DLLs) required
- Small and compact code, useful for testing new features and teaching
This repository is a fork of the library's original port by Max Pat, with the following enhancements:
- Python 2.5 to 3.4+ support (see Python3 support)
- Unicode (UTF-8) TrueType font subset embedding (Central European, Cyrillic, Greek, Baltic, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Hindi and almost any other language in the world) New! based on sFPDF LGPL3 PHP version from Ian Back
- Improved installers (setup.py, py2exe, PyPI) support
- Barcode I2of5 and code39, QR code coming soon ...
- PNG, GIF and JPG support (including transparency and alpha channel) New!
- Exceptions support, other minor fixes, improvements and PEP8 code cleanups
- Port of the Tutorial and ReferenceManual (Spanish translation available)
FPDF original features:
- Choice of measurement unit, page format and margins
- Page header and footer management
- Automatic page break
- Automatic line break and text justification
- Image, colors and links support
- Page compression
- Extensive Tutorial and complete online documentation
- Using PyPI
- Using EasyInstall
- From source:
- Using MSI or Windows Installers
For your convenience, some installers include the optional "Free Unicode TrueType Font Pack" (96 TTF files, 16MB compressed). Please note that copyright restrictions may apply when embedding fonts.
For community support, please feel free to file an issue.
For priority technical support, you can contact Mariano Reingart (current maintainer and project owner). Online payments accepted through PayPal.
Pre-paid priority tech support plans
- per email: 1 day coverage, up to 15 min $10,00 USD
- per incident: 1 week coverage, up to 2 hs $50,00 USD
- per feature: 1 month coverage, up to 6 hs $150,00 USD
- per project: 3 month coverage, up to 15 hs $350,00 USD
- extended: 9 month coverage, up to 30hs $750,00 USD